Birds are often beautiful, but they can easily cause problems, as well. A bird’s nest built in a pretty tree might make for a pleasant addition to a property, but a difference of location can make for a truly troublesome experience.
Some birds, for example, end up building nests in various types of vents or other openings that are found in most homes. When that happens, problems can arise quite quickly. Bird prevention specialists can help in any such situation.
Many Homes Include Exposed Holes That are Attractive to Certain Types of Birds
All species of birds have their own preferred nesting locations and approaches. A few types of birds habitually build their nests on the ground, while many more like to construct theirs in trees.
Quite a few kinds of birds seek out sheltered, elevated spaces when the time arrives to build a new nest and start a family. Many homes include features that can be almost irresistible to such species, like:
- Laundry vents. The hot air generated by laundry dryers needs to be allowed to escape into the outdoors. Exposed, exterior vents that are attached to laundry rooms often prove especially attractive to birds that prioritize warmth when selecting locations for their nests.
- Bathroom vents. Most bathrooms include vents which are designed to allow humid air to flow out, often when propelled by a fan. A bathroom vent can make for the perfect-seeming place for a bird to build its nest.
- Kitchen vents. The odors and heat produced by cooking are most often directed outside through purpose-built vents. Once again, the warmth of a kitchen vent outlet can make it particularly appealing to birds.
- Chimneys. Certain types of birds are notorious for building nests in chimneys, where the associated dangers are often particularly high. Simply installing a chimney screen can prevent damage to your home. Quickly seeing to bird removal from chimney crowns and flues will always be the best policy.
A Nest in Any Vent or Opening Can Become Problematic
Some birds build nests in residential vents or openings that never even attract notice from the occupants of a home. Many more, though, end up causing problems that need to be addressed right away. Some of the issues that most often arise after a nest is built by a bird in vent or chimney openings include:
- Insects. Many birds are chronically infested with parasites like ticks, fleas, or mites. When birds build nests in the external openings of homes, these little insects often find their way inside.
- Odors. Nests built in vents and chimneys subject birds to dangers that many are not well equipped to face. Some birds end up dying near their vent-based nests and producing objectionable odors as they decompose.
- Fire. One of the most important reasons to see to bird removal from vent or chimney outlets is to avoid the risk of a fire. Nests themselves are often quite flammable, and the heat flowing through such passages can set them ablaze.
Experts are Ready to Help
Fortunately, dangers like these can easily be avoided simply by seeking out help as soon as a problematic bird’s nest is discovered. Professional bird removal specialists have the tools, skills, and knowledge needed to safely remove nests that could otherwise prove problematic.
Animal Control Specialists can quickly solve all your wild bird problems.